Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company, honored as one of Tennessee’s 2017 Top Work Places, is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,200 employees. Founded in 1944, this $225 million company provides mechanical contracting, facility solutions and home services to customers throughout the region. Along with a 2017 Top Work Place Award from the Tennessean, Lee Company has also been honored as ACCA’s 2017 Residential Contractor of the Year and recognized as the Associate General Contractors 2015 Subcontractor of the Year ($10M+ category).
Lee Company proudly offers:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- FSA, HRA, or HSA
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness Coverage
- Home & Auto Discounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Full-Time Work
- Free NCCER Training and Certification through Lee University
In addition, Lee Company offers an Employee Assistance Program, chaplain services, will preparation services and a wellness and rewards program at no cost.
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are adding to our family with the following position:
Training and Education Manager
Summary of Job: Plans, coordinates, and directs training and staff development programs for Lee Company including internal/ external training and Lee Company University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Administer and continually develop all aspects of the Lee Company University
- Conduct competencies analysis and confers with managers and supervisors to build competency/skills-based knowledge programs
- Formulate development processes, programs and schedules based on knowledge of identified competencies, company production processes, business systems, or changes in products, procedures, or services
- Train assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training, such as new employees' orientation, on-the-job training, sales techniques, health and safety practices, management development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies
- Assist in the facilitation of New Employee Orientation
- Participate in community Advisory Committees and Counsels
- Oversee educational partnerships with local school districts
- Maintain and pursue necessary certifications in the field, i.e., LEED, Green Advantage, NCCER Master Trainer and Craft Instructor, DiSC, etc…
- Screen, test, counsel, and recommend employees for participation in internal or external educational and training programs, such as the Leadership Academy
- Draft applications and proposals to submit to fund granting authorities such as government and foundations
- Compile data and analyze past and current year competency and skills training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested
- Maintain files of correspondence, records, SharePoint, spreadsheets and reports
- Develop proficiency with various organizational and team assessment tools, including certification as required, to assist in the organizational development process throughout the organization
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Education or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 or more years training or education experience
- Certification from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) as a Master Trainer Preferred, LEED Certification preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency with Human Resource systems; Solomon Payroll systems; Microsoft Office Suite, as well as other applications as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated platform skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and achieve department goals to support company objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate change
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on quality
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to stay current on legislative and industry changes
- Professional demeanor
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Willingness to follow policies and procedures
- Adaptable and dependable
- Willingness to seek increased responsibility
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals in an office-based position will encounter ambient room temperatures, fluorescent lighting, and will be expected to operate traditional office equipment as found in any typical office environment. Individuals may need to sit at a desk or table for long periods of time. An office worker may also be expected to spend long hours in front of a computer screen. A person in this position can be expected to reach over shoulder heights; crouch or stoop below the waist; experience repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement; occasionally lift up to 25 pounds depending on the position.
Find us Online:
Check out our career page here: YouTube Channel: Facebook: Twitter: LinkedIn: