Perform various surveying related tasks in order to produce precise and accurate results, in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain various surveying equipment (GPS, Robotic Total Stations, etc.)
- Perform mathematical calculations using various geometric and trigonometric equations to determine traverse closures and adjustments, azimuths, level runs and placement of survey markers
- Record survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings, sketches, and various electronic data collectors
- Read and understand construction plans in order to properly conduct construction surveying activities
- Strong math skills such as algebra and geometry and their applications
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to critical problems
- Good oral and written skills to communicate on multiple levels with various clients and co-workers
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Desire to work outdoors year around
- Must be self-starter with the desire to learn and advance ones skills.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma preferred; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.