For nearly 25 years, C&D Safety has earned its reputation as Middle Tennessee’s premier highway pavement marking company. Using the latest technology and equipment in the pavement marking industry, we service a wide range of customers including Tennessee Department of Transportation, general contractors and municipalities. C&D Safety not only provides the highest level of service to our customers, we greatly value employee contributions by building our employees’ careers through on-the-job training and advancement opportunities.
- Health insurance, including subsidy for family coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401k plan includes Safe Harbor match
Scope of Work:
Lead and coordinate an assigned crew in all aspects of various striping projects in the Middle Tennessee area. The Supervisor demonstrates the mechanical aptitude, mathematical and literacy skills necessary to ensure all people under his/her supervision perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Reports to Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety focused leadership
- Understanding of trade related materials, components, equipment, systems, methods of installations, safety procedures and safe work practices
- Models C&D’s Core Values
- Teaches and reinforces safety practices. Reacts properly to incidents/violations.
- Communicates well with state officials, customer representatives, upper management and peers
- Plan and schedule job assignments
- Forecasts material and equipment in advance to meet project requirements
- Ensures necessary equipment is setup properly and filled with fuel
- Drives, operates and maintains equipment
- Read plans and communicates with upper management
- Monitors labor and directs crew to meet project schedules
- Provides strong leadership to assure the accurate and timely submittal of all paperwork
- Effectively runs jobs of any type
- Consults with upper management
- Leads, mentors and trains others
- Perform other project related duties and assignments as needed
- Position will require exerting up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body and climbing short ladders.
- Position is subject to both outside and inside environmental conditions. Employee may be subject to harsh weather conditions while on job sites.
- Work schedules include days, nights and weekend work.
- MUST have (and maintain) a Class B CDL license
- Must pass (and maintain) post-offer MVR check and DOT physical
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and understand that we conduct pre-employment, post-accident and random drug testing
- Certified to operate forklift