Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal is one of the top 10 roofing contractors in the country and strives to maintain a progressive vision for the future. Kalkreuth specializes in complex commercial exterior envelope applications in various markets throughout the country. The company boasts an extensive project portfolio including clients in the automotive, chemical, government, education and healthcare industries. With a wealth of resources and an extensive construction industry network, Kalkreuth has the capabilities to complete any project according to specifications.
This position will ensure that all employees and subcontractors work within the project guidelines and directives of the project manager. Responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing on site activities. The superintendent will also make sure that all tasks of the project are implemented and completed and that proper materials/supplies are provided to the job site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the preparation of the project schedule
2. Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, and potential cost saving measures or problems
3. Assist in contacting, scheduling and coordination of all subcontractors, suppliers and utilities.
4. Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis
5. Inform the project manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained in the estimate or shop drawings
6. Maintain a safe job site and ensure that all OSHA regulations are strictly adhered too
7. Enforce good construction standards and quality control
8. Control and monitor labor, material costs, and equipment expenses
9. Help coordinate all required inspections
10. Attends pre-construction meetings
11. Participate in kick-off meeting with roofing and/or sheet metal job foreman and safety personnel
12. Coordinate with the warehouse manager on all support needs (i.e. material releases, crane services, dumpsters, porta-johns, etc.) Also coordinate sheet metal needs and sheet metal fabrication needs with the sheet metal shop.
13. Support the field foreman in resolving challenges or problems with the owner, general contractor, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, or others.
14. Proactively supports and implements the corporate safety program according to policy and procedure. Set a positive safety example during all facets of construction.
15. Manage change order pricing process and utilize estimating when required.
16. Adhere to all company policies and procedures
17. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in or construction management or five (5) years of site superintendent experience in lieu of degree
• Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills; both internal and external
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience at Y-12 complex preferred