The Terminal Operator supports the day-to-day operation of the distribution terminal business as a focal point for internal and external customers. The Terminal Operators are expected to safely perform all duties related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products. Terminal Operators are required to work safely and independently with minimum supervision.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Superintendent, the Terminal Operator's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving (via pipeline and truck) petroleum products in a safe manner and in accordance with all State and Federal laws and regulations, and accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Climbing, gauging, and sampling product and additive storage tanks and performing quality assurance testing as required
- Generating daily accounting reports, recordkeeping, and making computer related entries
- Routine repair/replacement of terminal equipment, terminal inspections, greasing valves, pumps, and loading rack equipment, lawn maintenance, and building maintenance
- Authorize, inspect, and audit the work of contractors and third-party drivers and assist drivers and customers with loading problems assuring compliance with safe work policies and procedures