S.M. Lawrence has been doing it right for over 100 years. Our foundation of uncompromising integrity, unequaled service and effective project management has led us to where we are today. We are always searching for new and talented people who share our values and are dedicated to the continued success of this company.
We are seeking an experienced sheet metal mechanic in the Jackson, TN area to assemble, install and repairs sheet metal products and equipment such as ductwork, fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install duct, accessories and equipment at the jobsite according to blueprint specifications;
- Use of hand tools and portable power tools per specifications of job
- May be required to work with a Sheet Metal Helper to provide instruction as to proper methods of tool handling and work product specification
- Must complete spec work for fittings, fans, dampers and air distribution
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum four years in field and/or sheet metal shop
- GED or High School Graduate Preferred
- Understand how to measure duct for fabrication, make filed modifications and install duct by shop blueprints.
- Work skillfully with tools, metals and machines.
- Rate information using measurable standards.
- Ability to interpret drawings and plans.
- Knowledge of SMACNA standards.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) Match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs