Lee Company, a $150 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company, was founded in 1944 and is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,000 employees. Among its many recognitions, Lee Company was recently honored by the Associated General Contractors of America with the 2014 Subcontractor of the Year award in the $1 million – $2 million category and by the Tennessean newspaper as one of Tennessee’s Top Work Places.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Healthcare Coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are looking to add to our family through the following position:
Sheet Metal Helper
Perform journeyman level construction, installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products and equipment in accordance with blueprints, drawings and work orders; provide technical guidance and direction to lower level employees.
General Duties and Responsibilities - (included, but are not limited to)
- Install, alter and repair sheet metal products and equipment - ducts and hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings and work orders.
- Plan and coordinate tasks and amount of material required for performance of work.
- Prepare and implement equipment based on need. Including, but not limited to power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears, pan and box brakes, lock-formers, cleat benders, and rollers to cut, punch, thread and form sheet metal.
- Coordinate and Assemble ducts, hoods and other sheet metal products. Tasks include, but are not limited to solder and bolt connections; apply insulation as required; inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications.
- Quality Assurance - operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and any necessary corrective action that may need to be taken.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced workers.
- Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive
Education- Experience - Skills
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training is required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in sheet metal installation and fabrication.
- Experience should be related specifically to assembling hoods and sheet metal air-conditioning and heating units.
- Proven working knowledge and experience in ability to read and interpreter blue prints accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services