Phillips & Jordan is a privately held, woman owned heavy civil and infrastructure contractor established in 1952. Our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our daily business practices. Phillips & Jordan is committed to a “Zero Incident Philosophy” that entails no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation. We focus on 3 primary service areas: Heavy Civil Construction (Power Generation, Water Resources, and Industrial & Commercial), Right-of-Way Access & Construction (Power Delivery), and Disaster Response.
Phillips & Jordan is an ENR top 200 contractor that is registered to do business in all 50 states, currently has a workforce of approximately 1,200 employees, and owns and operates an extensive fleet of heavy and specialized pieces of equipment. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Phillips & Jordan maintains regional offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. At Phillips & Jordan our greatest resource is our employees and we are proud to have many second and third generation employees that have chosen to build their careers with Phillips & Jordan.
Join the Phillips & Jordan team today and become a valued member of our company.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing research and analytical work for Fleet Services, particularly in the areas of cost analysis, rate management, equipment replacement schedules, and performance benchmarking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report the ongoing financial results of equipment used in the field.
- Establish and maintain internal charge rates on equipment.
- Conduct operations and vehicle fleet cost and usage rate.
- Review Fleet replacement policies and strategies.
- Conduct analysis on own, rent or lease for certain equipment.
- Maintain the work order process for repairs.
- Manage the Equipment Information System.
- Provide analysis and development of productivity measurements to improve processes.
- Determine performance standards by tracking and trending production data.
- Design, implement and evaluate reports to prepare recommendations to improve workload balancing, and increase various process efficiencies.
- Perform monthly and year-to-date variance analysis for actual results to budget and forecast.
- Assist in acquisition and sale strategies.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience in equipment repair in a financial capacity.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data, including financial statements, key financial ratios, valuation models, and techniques.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; experience involving extensive work with complex spreadsheets.
- Team player with excellent listening skills and diplomacy; willingness to work with colleagues on a variety of initiatives.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Outstanding oral communication, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Consultative, service-oriented mindset, and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and goal-oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage change effectively.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business, Finance, or related field.