Sales Engineer - Industrial Refrigeration
ColonialWebb is seeking a driven and customer-focused sales professional to sell Industrial Refrigeration projects in the state of Tennessee. As our Sales Engineer, you will identify new business opportunities, prepare estimates, submit proposals, handle the set-up process and support field operations during the construction period for deals that you close!
Typical projects sold include construction and installation of ammonia refrigeration systems which are commonly found in food distribution centers, cold storage, and food processing facilities.
At ColonialWebb, we are experts in industrial refrigeration construction, equipment and controls, and repair. Join our team and help our customers feed the world!
- The Sales Engineer will primarily focus on developing business opportunities throughout the state of Tennessee. However, travel to other states within our Mid- Atlantic footprint (VA, NC, SC, and GA) can be expected from time to time.
- This is a regional sales engineering position. Individuals can be based out of Chattanooga, Knoxville, or Nashville.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
What you will do:
- Expand our presence within the marketplace, seek out new business opportunities through prospecting and heavy networking.
- Take advantage of business opportunities through proposals and presentations for industrial refrigeration projects, work in collaboration with estimating and management to strategize and create proposals that differentiate us from our competitors.
- Be a technical resource for customers regarding their industrial refrigeration initiatives. Provide customers with new information on industry trends, capital budgets, technology, and industry news.
- Build win/win relationships, continually seek to understand customer objectives and how our industrial refrigeration services fit into customers organizational goals.
- Participate in community and industry organizations, represent ColonialWebb in outside activities to enhance our reputation, exposure, and goodwill in the state of Tennessee.
What we are looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Experience as a Sales Engineer, Project Manager, or Estimator within the industrial refrigeration industry.
- Successful track record of quoting and selling construction projects, change-outs, retrofits, installations, and other service and design-build projects to industrial refrigeration customers or a similar industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the industrial refrigeration industry and how it impacts food processing, bottling, baking, warehousing and other industries associated with the production, storage, packaging, and distribution of food products (is preferred, but not required).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and phone skills.
- Possess estimating and sales capabilities, which are necessary for proposals, closing deals, and customer retention.
- Sophisticated networker and a member of (or willingness to join) applicable industry associations.
- Ability to work within and take the lead (when appropriate) of collaborative teams working toward a customer solution.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, perceptions, and expectations.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and proficiency with MS Office, CRM systems, and Internet use.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Focus and orientation for growth.
- Competitive, ambitious, and highly motivated.
- Adaptable, persuasive, passionate, confident and positive.
- Creative, tenacious, quick learning, high energy, and entrepreneurial-focused.
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Capable of maintaining a high-energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
Benefits and Perks:
- Excellent compensation plan.
- Car allowance.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Company phone.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
How to apply:
Employment applications are accepted online at EOE M/W/Disability/Vets