The primary purpose of the Labor Coordinator / Recruiter is to source, recruit and manage the schedules of skilled and unskilled labor to allow the Business Unit to pursue target markets freely.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Source, recruit, screen, and onboard excellent plumbers, pipefitters, welders, electricians, sheet metal mechanics, HVAC Service Technicians, Apprentices and Helpers.
- Research, identify and utilize various sourcing tools needed to pursue both active and passive job seekers.
- Work in local areas based on company needs and any new nearby markets within the Business Unit’s target markets.
- Create and work sourcing plans, report creation for weekly management review updates.
- Follow recruiting and labor management procedures and flowcharts to facilitate the recruiting and onboarding process.
- Learn about the company and benefits, current and past projects, and bid projects, to promote the company.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude to promote the company way.
- Network and build relationships to develop suitable ongoing contacts for referrals.
- Further develop the company database for each business unit's area for future needs and quick access to qualified staff.
- Document applicant reviews and feedback in the applicant tracking system, ensuring communication of findings with recruiting/HR staff and hiring supervisor, limiting rework.
- Documentation and database maintenance required for compliance purposes.
- Conduct testing and administer profiles as required.
- Assist Human Resources from time to time as needed and on special projects or reporting.
- Work with HR/Recruiting Managers/Business Unit staff to source, qualify, approve, set-up and manage third-party recruiting and staffing firms for craft positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years verifiable experience in craft sourcing and recruiting.
- Craft recruiting for large-scale commercial construction contracting preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills needed including both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage online recruiting resources, such as job boards, social media and web crawlers.
- Ability to have a continued industry / organizational involvement with various sources and networks.
- Ability to recruit for positions throughout the region and for multiple project sites.
- Willingness and ability to participate in all recruiting functions from sourcing through onboarding, including; internal documentation of requisition approvals, creating job descriptions and question sets, checking databases, placing ads, qualifying applicants, networking, coordinating interviews, calls, screens, testing, collecting and documenting feedback, new hire packets and orientations.
- Ability to prioritize recruiting needs, change direction as needed and accept constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidential compensation information and selection decision details.
- General knowledge and experience to assist HR as needed.
- Ability to prioritize, stay motivated and on-task through completion with little direct daily and on-site supervision.
- Positive attitude and organizational skills are required.