Phillips & Jordan is a 65 year old, privately-held corporation, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our Core Values – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our business. We work in private and public sectors, employ over 1,000 individuals, and maintain a large heavy equipment fleet. We are licensed in 50 states and have performed complex work with aggressive schedules in over 40 states. Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, a proven solution.
Responsible for full life-cycle recruiting; recruit, screen and recommend placement of candidates by using creative sourcing methods. The Recruiter participates in a variety of talent acquisition activities to ensure company’s recruitment process is efficient, effective and compliant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to develop a deep understanding of hiring needs, organizational structure and the culture of the company.
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates and hiring managers throughout the recruiting process.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, universities, community organizations, and recruiting firms/agencies.
- Recruit, screen, interview, and present the best talent to our hiring managers for consideration.
- Network to recruit active and passive candidates for current positions and for future career opportunities.
- Use traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc. to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and requirements, including compliance during identification, screening, and the hiring process.
- Extend offers of employment to selected candidates.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Communication, Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, Management, Marketing or Finance), or related field, or equivalent related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of four years recruiting experience, with two plus years’ in Engineering/Construction recruiting.
- Self-starter, results driven, highly motivated, high energy, with a proven track record of success.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their time efficiently.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Applicant Tracking Systems (BirdDog HR), on-boarding portals, HRIS; savvy with the latest recruiting technology and tools preferred.