Batten & Shaw is a full service construction management firm. The expertise of the company is healthcare and commercial construction including complex multi-phased projects, renovations and expansions, and ground-up construction of new facilities.
We are fortunate to be working with some of the nation’s leading healthcare companies and we believe this has been earned through hard work and a commitment to meeting the owners’ needs.
Batten & Shaw is proud to be the contractor of choice with a 90% repeat rate of business. We have a firm commitment to provide the highest level of service in building construction that is noticeably different to the clients we serve.
The receptionist serves as an ambassador for the company by acting as the first point of contact for callers and visitors. Provides administrative support for multiple departments.
- Answer and route all incoming phone calls
- Greet all office visitors and notify appropriate individual of their arrival
- Receive all company deliveries and distribute to necessary individual(s)
- Send and receive fax transmissions and route to appropriate individual(s)
- Send postal mail and packages as requested by operations, estimating, and other staff members
- Gather, prepare, and send FedEx packages to Superintendents in the field on weekly basis and more frequently upon request
- Open and distribute postal mail each day
- Assist Business Development and Preconstruction team with proposals as needed. Compile content, proofread, bind, and package proposals for distribution.
- Create and edit employee resumes for use in proposals and RFP’s
- Compile Verizon billing charges by project manager on a monthly basis
- Provide general administrative services for Executive Leadership, Human Resources, Marketing/Business Development and other project management/estimating personnel as requested
- Enter new contacts into Outlook for business development team
- Order company business cards
- Coordinate conference room usage
- Prepare and distribute service anniversary cards on a monthly basis
- On a quarterly basis, collaborate with Human Resources on internal company newsletter. Develop content, proofread, compile information, and prepare for printing.
- Maintain office bulletin boards
- Update company Intranet phone and job lists
- Update email distribution lists in company Outlook address book on a monthly basis
- Complete credit applications for jobsites at the request of operations personnel
- Coordinate company vehicle usage
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Two years administrative experience
- High computer literacy skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong detail orientation and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Medical Health Insurance
- Optional Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Cancer, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Day Care Accounts
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Time Off Plan (vacation, sick leave, jury duty, military leave)