The Comfort Group provides mechanical and plumbing installation and service in the southeast region. Recent clients have included the Metro Nashville Airport, Vanderbilt University, the Nashville Symphony Center, and the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, totaling more than $400 million in construction contracts. Local, regional and national awards have recognized the innovative and high-tech work of the Comfort Group. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Automated Controls, Inc., the controls division of The Comfort Group, was one of the first Automated Logic dealers in the nation, giving us the benefit of a broad knowledge of how the industry has evolved as well as insight into where the industry is headed. We have the unique ability to figure out how to take your old system and manipulate it to fit your new needs.
Automated Controls is seeking a Project Engineer to work in our Nashville, Tennessee office.
The candidate is responsible for the technical aspects ensuring that their projects are complete and on time. This includes but is not limited to the development of scope of work, producing control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operations (SOPs), methods of procedures (MOPS), schedules, software design, third party integration, graphics, engineering documents, checklists, programming necessary to implement the project and at times performing remote, on-site checkouts and commissioning. They may communicate directly with fellow team members, the customer, contractors and or outside engineering consultants to confirm project requirements and otherwise insure the project is implemented to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Read and understand project specs and MEP drawing sets.
- Attend turnover meetings and accept full responsibility for the project design documents.
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation.
- Select materials including DDC modules, field sensors, control devices, dampers and valve to meet the project requirements, specs, codes and customer standards.
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing team.
- Use Microsoft Visio program to produce engineering drawings that satisfy the scope of work. Use template files where appropriate. Create new drawings as required.
- Perform complex tasks requiring intermediate to advanced level programming experience utilizing company or customer standard programs for designing the graphic function blocks for assigned projects.
- Having working knowledge of HVAC systems and components, determine the proper operating ranges for field devices as well as complete functional system checkouts.
- Create project database utilizing company and customer standards.
- As needed, conduct graphics engineering functions including creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, create Automated Logic graphics submittal packages as required, review graphics and develop and maintain graphics library.
- Participate in solution of job related software and or graphics problems.
- Must be able to communicate with third party BAS equipment manufacturers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot IP, BACnet and Modbus networks physically and using software protocol analysis tools.
- Must be able to work and be familiar with database structures including but not limited to MS SQL and My SQL.
- Knowledge in DDC/BMS control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC control industry.
- Able to design and program projects related to HVAC controls, BAS management and other third party system integration of higher project and contract complexity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of software products to include: Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Windows products when required.
- Proficient with engineering design programs such as Microsoft Visio etc.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others in a team environment as well as individually.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and plan their work schedule.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Maintain a professional presentation in appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks and or projects at one time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering with 2 to 5 years of experience in project design/programming in the HVAC controls industry or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Employment type: Full time
- Must be able to pass complete background check and drug screening.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Training opportunities
- 401K with company matching
- Partial tuition reimbursement