Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal is one of the top 10 roofing contractors in the country and strives to maintain a progressive vision for the future. Kalkreuth specializes in complex commercial exterior envelope applications in various markets throughout the country. The company boasts an extensive project portfolio including clients in the automotive, chemical, government, education and healthcare industries. With a wealth of resources and an extensive construction industry network, Kalkreuth has the capabilities to complete any project according to specifications.
Position Summary: Acts as a point-of-contact with customers and has accountability and responsibility for project profitability and quality
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reviews contract and estimate with estimator for completeness of take-off, scope, pricing and contract value.
2. Coordinates all issues of contract scope with the estimate and resolves any issues and/or discrepancies.
3. Select appropriate material manufacturer for projects with the input of the estimator.
4. Reviews projects with the submittal department and selects appropriate construction details. Checks shop drawings for accuracy prior to submittal to the owner.
5. Attends pre construction meetings
6. Generate purchase requisition for purchase of main roof system(s) materials and subcontractors if required.
7. Conduct kick-off meeting with roofing and/or sheet metal job foreman and safety personnel. Develops a detailed job plan in preparation for the kick-off meeting and set up project according to all internal and OSHA safety regulations.
8. Coordinate with the warehouse manager on all support needs (i.e. material releases, crane services, dumpsters, porta-johns, etc.) Also coordinate sheet metal needs and sheet metal fabrication needs with the sheet metal shop.
9. Review AIA schedule of values and provide accounting with monthly progress billings.
10. Provide on-going support to field foreman and help identify and remove obstacles that impact construction.
11. Support the field foreman in resolving challenges or problems with the owner, general contractor, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, or others.
12. Visit assigned project locations on a regular and frequent basis to troubleshoot, ensure financial success, and access progress and quality of the field foreman and crew.
13. Proactively supports and implements the corporate safety program according to policy and procedure. Set a positive safety example during all facets of construction.
14. Review all new issue drawings and requests for information on pricing, and responds in a timely fashion.
15. Manage change order pricing process and utilize estimating when required.
16. Produces project budget that reflects estimate values. Reviews budget weekly for accuracy, and forecasts profit. Provides monthly projected earned sales figures to upper management.
17. Ensures that all contract requirements for project close-out are performed timely to avoid delays in collection for final payment and/or retention. Prepares all close-out documents in association with warranties.
18. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management or five (5) years of experience in lieu of degree
• Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills; both internal and external
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience at Y-12 complex preferred