DWK Life Sciences, LLC (formerly Kimble Chase) is a global company with 900 employees at five ISO 9001 registered operating facilities on three continents.
DWK is the leading producer of the most comprehensive range of laboratory and scientific glassware, specializing in a broad range of reusable, disposable and specialty glassware for the pharmaceutical, environmental, petrochemical, life sciences, education and chromatography markets.
With over 100 years of manufacturing experience, 10,000 products and infinite years of experience, that’s the DWK advantage. We put a world of excellence in your hands.
DWK offers a comprehensive benefits package that is a significant piece of our total compensation program. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Medical Clinic (Rockwood)
Supervise and schedule the activities of the direct labor force to achieve or exceed daily production targets. Transfer the principles of the company’s management system to the production floor; exhibit leadership with continuous improvement culture by embracing the principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing to ensure production targets are achieved. Targets to include but not limited to output goals, performance to schedule, quality metrics, scrap, efficiency (labor and/or OEE), labor/ machine utilization, and scrap.
- Defines/sets schedules including overtime and coordinates direct labor to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver quality manufactured products in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Develop ideas/tools, if necessary, to achieve or exceed daily targets
- Enter applicable data into proper databases for monthly KPI development
- Communicate / enforce company policies and safety regulations
- Schedule and coordinate all employee vacation, flex, personal time, etc, in accordance with DWK Life Sciences policies and procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assist employees in solving work problems
- Rapidly overcome obstacles to success through active communication, and teamwork, involving Operations Director, Operations Engineer, and Facility Mechanic as required.
- Tracks the manufacturing performance KPI’s and makes adjustments to processes, equipment, and procedures to drive continuous improvement.
- Promotes, teaches, and monitors internal EH&S programs.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Bring serious concerns/ issues to appropriate human resources personnel.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition.Observes all safety precautions, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned, e.g. cross facility projects, capital planning, DWK management system – in plant and external audits.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- More than 3 years experience in a high speed production environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of production planning (MRP), ISO quality system, lean continuous improvement tools, and SAP (or other ERP system).
- Organizational skills are critical to this position.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.