DWK Life Sciences, LLC (formerly Kimble Chase) is a global company with 900 employees at five ISO 9001 registered operating facilities on three continents.
DWK is the leading producer of the most comprehensive range of laboratory and scientific glassware, specializing in a broad range of reusable, disposable and specialty glassware for the pharmaceutical, environmental, petrochemical, life sciences, education and chromatography markets.
With over 100 years of manufacturing experience, 10,000 products and infinite years of experience, that’s the DWK advantage. We put a world of excellence in your hands.
DWK offers a comprehensive benefits package that is a significant piece of our total compensation program. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- On Site Medical Clinic (Rockwood, TN)
The focus of the Process Engineer II is to ensure safe and reliable glass manufacturing processes and provide hands on support to the manufacturing team. The expectation is that this role will improve production rates, efficiencies, quality, yields, and costs through process analysis, process reengineering, and equipment/ tooling/ fixture design. It is essential that the individual can effectively communicate with manufacturing personnel on our production floor as well as other departments within DWK; product management, product engineering, quality, EH&S, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Autonomously identify significant cost improvement opportunities, organize project and team, lead team, and executes a solution.
- Sets strategic direction in coordination with the Operations Director for the process engineering function.
- Evaluate processes/ departments/ products for cost position, quality, and capability; implement tooling, fixture, sequence, and training improvements to ensure operational goals are met.
- Use various measurement techniques (value creation, efficiency, process capability, right first time) to analyze overall plant operations and implement process improvements congruent with lean methodology (5S, Capability studies- CpK, Value Stream Mapping, DOE, SPC, etc.).
- Develop, document, and implement, training program/materials, SOP’s, etc. (following Quality Management System guidelines), to build the sufficient skill sets in manufacturing required to produce quality products at expected rates.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems and implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Work with plant manufacturing personnel to identify and implement equipment additions/ modifications that improve efficiency, improve safety, and reduce scrap.
- Investigate and solve quality defects and resolve customer complaints.
- Work with supply chain and manufacturing personnel in evaluating insourcing and production location opportunities to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
- Work with the Operations Director to develop strategies for new product introduction into markets and/or manufacturing locations.
- Maintain BOMS/Routings as required to keep standard costs current.
- Maintain a close working relationship with manufacturing personnel and other departments.
- Maintains Quality Management System (QMS) Program and Documentation using ISO 9001 methodology.
- Understand the DWK Quality Policy and relevant Quality Objectives.
- Recognize his/her contribution to the effectiveness of the OPS (Operational Performance System) including the benefits of improved performance and comprehend the impact or effect of not conforming to OPS.
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations and maintains work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years in process engineering function/ technical manufacturing role.
- Automation, Robotics and Controls knowledge and experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledgeable in DOE, VMS and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- The Process Engineer II classification is distinguished from the Process Engineer I classification by the assignment of tasks and duties which require the incumbent to exercise a greater degree of independent judgment and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AUTOCAD.
- SAP experience and Lean certification a plus.
*Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substitute at management discretion.