Inspect, maintain and repair construction vehicles and heavy equipment/machinery (Caterpillar, John Deere, and Volvo) using hand and power tools and appropriate lifting equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
• Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
• Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and
compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
• Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as
computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma preferred two-three years relevant experience.
Job ID 2016-1407
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - TN - Knoxville
Posted Date 8/16/2016