S.M. Lawrence has been doing it right for nearly 100 years. Our foundation of uncompromising integrity, unequaled service and effective project management has led us to where we are today. We are always searching for new and talented people who share our values and are dedicated to the continued success of this company.
S.M. Lawrence is currently seeking a customer-oriented sales professional with a “hunter” mentality and ample experience in selling maintenance agreements within the HVAC/Mechanical industry. The Account Executive is responsible for meeting business development goals and objectives by growing the service agreement base within the Nashville, TN region. An Account Executive essentially “owns” the customer relationship and partners with the Service department and Project Operations to ensure that customer requirements are met. Reports directly to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dedicated to growing the service agreement base through individual sales of new maintenance agreements.
- Responsible for identifying service agreement opportunities, surveying prospects’ equipment, and generating service agreement proposals.
- Act as company liaison for national accounts as directed.
- Make warm calls on existing billable accounts with intention of converting them to service agreement customers.
- Make cold calls on new buildings in the area and buildings that S.M. Lawrence is not currently servicing.
- Respond to service opportunities resulting from problems and issues identified by service operations and service technicians.
- Interface with new customers, identify needs and solutions for service agreements, repairs, equipment and controls upgrades and system enhancements.
- Respond to requests and pursue opportunities as directed by the General Manager and/or Vice President of Service
- Write proposals and secure purchase order and/or necessary authorization to proceed.
- All work to be estimated and executed in accordance with established benchmarks.
- Evaluate on site safety risks and adjust scope and estimate accordingly.
- Actively participate in Sales meetings.
- Collaborate and cooperate with peers to share best business practices.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Possess a firm understanding of HVAC systems, components and equipment
- Possess strong sales skills and abilities necessary for proposals, closing deals, and customer retention
- Sophisticated networker and member of applicable industry associations.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years HVAC/Mechanical sales experience required
- Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Must be willing to travel within the Middle Tennessee region (75%)
What we’ll offer you:
- Excellent earnings potential including a competitive salary and commission plan.
- Car allowance.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Company phone.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.