Chiller Technician – Knoxville, TN
Do you have experience working in the Industrial/Commercial HVAC industry? Are you looking for a place to call home with room to grow? Perfection is looking for an experienced Chiller Technician to join our team.
Founded in 1951, Perfection Group, Inc. is an industry leader that designs, installs, and services mechanical and environmental systems focusing on energy efficient facility operations for commercial, industrial and institutional customers. At Perfection Group:
We recruit and recognize associates who are both passionate and enthusiastic. We maintain a collaborative atmosphere where hard work and loyalty fortify our success. Individually and collectively, we take ownership and assume responsibility for our actions and results. We continually seek ways to recognize and celebrate excellence. We are truly committed to having our associates be the experts in our industry. We expect our associates to both utilize our resources for personal and professional development and seek additional opportunities for continuous learning and improvement.
We encourage, support and accept our associates having a true balance between their commitment to their work responsibilities and a commitment to their personal lives. Balance of work and life outside of work enhances productivity, strengthens our associates commitment and loyalty and adds to the quality of life. We are a company that applauds balance—the foundation of stability.
Chiller Technician Responsibilities:
Maintenance of HVAC equipment:
- Need to have a working knowledge of all mechanical systems including trouble shooting, repair, and maintain complex mechanical air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment.
- Ability to work on the following equipment brands: Trane, Carrier, York, and McQuay Centrifugal, Reciprocating, Screw and Absorption Chillers.
- Ability to retrofit systems with support of others. Has a basic understanding of sheet metal and piping concepts.
- Has a working knowledge of PC’s, application software. Be able to operate in a DOS or windows environment successfully using Building Management Systems.
- Have working knowledge of schematic reading.
- Follows systematic questioning techniques and relates answers to the functioning of the system upon receiving the customer service request.
- Technician will be assigned specific accounts and will be responsible for:
- Perform chiller overhauls, major inspections, retrofits as required by customer
- Maintain record of work performed and parts/materials used
- Communicate effectively with customer on a regular basis regarding equipment condition, needed repairs and general operating condition.
- Uses proper tools and instruments for troubleshooting. Avoids needless callbacks by checking complete system before leaving the job.
- Checks safety and limit controls for proper setting before leaving the job.
- Seeks help when faced with a seemingly unsolvable problem.
- Informs customer when arriving at the job or leaving the job and if needed when you plan to return. Clearly explains work performed both verbally and in writing on the service report.
- Explores a customer complaint to determine the real problem. Responds to the customer complaints with the proper amount of sympathy and empathy.
- Communicates tactfully and offers suggestions when the problem is caused by the customer’s use of the system (rather that a fault of the system). Instructs on the proper operation,
- Gives assurance to customer that the problem is fixed; explaining cause and remedy; and if problem has not been fixed, offers explanation of situation and suggests next step.
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through on the job experience and technical/apprentice school certification
- 3-5 years of experience in the field working on chiller equipment.
- EPA Universal Certification
- Calm, organized, patient, diplomatic, and confident demeanor in working with other associates and vendors
- Comfort in relating to all levels of management and diversity of personalities
- Advanced attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Intermediate ability to prioritize own wide-ranging work load and work independently
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Intermediate ability to work collaboratively with associates and vendors
Perfection Group, Inc. offers a full line of benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Care Options
- Vision Care Options
- Flexible Spending and/or Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life for you, spouse and children
- College Savings Account (529)
- 401K Savings
- Profit Sharing
Perfection prides itself on providing legendary service to our internal and external customers. We are committed to being a drug free workplace therefore; we conduct a pre-employment drug test and background check.