Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
A. Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and two to four years previous experience.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or specialized training, and two to four years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age or older (Safety Sensitive position)
- Valid driver?s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Valid CDL and must have a clean driving record.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Drives vehicles on premises / Drives vehicles off premises