Lee Company, a $150 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company, was founded in 1944 and is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 800 employees. Among its many recognitions, Lee Company was recently honored by the Associated General Contractors of America with the 2014 Subcontractor of the Year award in the $1 million – $2 million category and by the Tennessean newspaper as one of Tennessee’s Top Work Places.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Healthcare Coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are looking to add to our family through the following position:
General Maintenance Technician
This position includes general Carpentry/Maintenance and repairs of all facets of a customers facility, including buildings, equipment, and site. The maintenance technician will perform assignments in the installation, repair, alteration, and maintenance of General Carpentry, Light Plumbing and Electrical including both preventive and corrective maintenance for multiple locations with-in a geographic area or facility.
Summary of essential job functions
- Strong carpentry skill to include might framing, drywall installation, mud, sand and paint.
- Plumbing repairs to include direct replacement of water heaters and floor drains, flush valve repair, fixture change out and repair, unclogging of drain lines.
- Completes special task that include but are not limited to, drywall patching, painting.
- Installation and repair of doors, hardware and lock maintenance.
- Special cleaning and other general maintenance (handyman) task as required.
- Installation and repair of floors, ceramic tile, VCT, LVT, carpet, sub flooring and base boards.
- Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Communicate with customers professionally and politely.
- Completes all facility repairs and maintenance task assigned in a timely manner.
- Cleans up and/or repairs any debris or damage caused during the performance of assigned task.
- Maintain lighting and electrical systems including changing bulbs, ballast, and electrical trouble shooting.
- Maintains tools, parts equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
- Complies with all policies and procedures (e.g. customer service, safety, usage and handling of hazardous or restricted material).
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Some overnight work required.
- Some overnight travel required up to15%.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must have a Valid Drivers License with good driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Criminal Background Check and Drug Test are required
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidate must be self motivated and flexible with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong general knowledge of carpentry and finishing skills
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and use ladders and personnel lifts.
- Able to work and maneuver in close spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Able to work on roofs of buildings