Supervises vegetation management crews. Ensures proper administration of training, pay practices, employee hiring, promotion and termination. Assigns works, enforces safety practices, and investigates injury and damage claims and company disciplinary policy. Assumes responsibility for maintenance and accuracy of records. Receives and interprets orders by utility personnel. Directs emergency crew operations confers with customers, property owners, general public, other contractors and representatives of utilities and governmental agencies. Meets with Region Supervisor, Region Manager, System Line Clearance Coordinators, Safety Representatives and others. Ensure Priority determination and time management while planning projects. Has clear understanding of project objective, short and long term goals and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervises vegetation management crews.
- Ensures utility specifications are followed.
- Coordinate with Superintendent and Program Coordinator.
- Pre-inspect projects and develop recommended management plans, matching labor and equipment resources to work and cost estimates.
- Maintain accurate project circuit maps noting project status, crew locations and estimated completion dates.
- Inspect crews, start/stop times and identification of project shop locations.
- Audit time sheets for accuracy.
- Assist with customer notifications and customer complaints.
- Preview work assignments and conduct post work critiques for each crew.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of tools and supplies to sufficiently support the compliment of assigned crews.
- Coordinate activities with other General Forepersons working with the utility to ensure customer’s requirements are achieved.
- This is a minimum 40 hour work week
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness. Uses computer for documentation and other paper data reductions.
- Must be a Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture
- Must have field experience as vegetation management crew member.
- Must have the ability to evaluate circuit conditions and hours required to complete required clearances to utility specifications.
- Must have computer knowledge
- Must be able to communicate with various levels of field and management personnel and write reports.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate and handle confrontations professionally.
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.