Gas Technician II- Heiskell, TN
Requisition #: 223304
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
This position reports to the Gas Operations Manager and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS (Gas Collection and Control System (landfills)) in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
- Systems operation and maintenance including:
- Preventative maintenance
- Wellfield monitoring and adjustment
- Liquid level measurement in landfill gas extraction wells
- Pneumatic and/or electric pump maintenance where required
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion
- Blower / flare operations and maintenance
- Condensate management system maintenance
- Monitor landfill gas migration probes where required
- Surface Emissions Monitoring (SEM) where required
- Opacity (visible stack emissions) monitoring
- Enter/upload wellfield monitoring and other data into various computer systems
- Understand job related health and safety issues and follow all health and safety related procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee activities of contractors completing non-routine GCCS repairs.
- Troubleshoot GCCS and related systems.
- Review GCCS operating data.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years GCCS operating experience
- Satisfactory completion of WM LFG Technician Level II required competencies (applies to current WM employees only)
- Additional landfill or landfill gas related experience or education
- Environmental monitoring experience or education
- Post high school higher education
- Industrial instrumentation related experience
- Blower and/or flare maintenance experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Opacity or visible stack emissions monitoring certification
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe fusion certification
- Relevant industry or state certifications (e.g., SWANA, NSWMA, etc.)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- 18 years of age or greater
- Basic computer skills (i.e., email, web browser, Excel, and Windows XP)
- Strong mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
- Ability to properly balance and maintain a GCCS
- Ability to troubleshoot basic GCCS operational issues
- Basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations
- Basic understanding of landfill gas instrumentation and wellfield tuning activities
- Basic understanding of job related health and safety issues
- Basic MS Word skills
- Enhanced knowledge of landfill related environmental regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic electrical knowledge/skills
- Ability to provide directional support to Level I Landfill Gas Technician(s).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, monitoring device use, machine operation, etc) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Required to be exposed to the outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements often.
- Normal setting for this job is approximately 75% field and 25% office.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc).
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please "Apply Now."
I thought you might be interested in this new job opportunity. By clicking any of the buttons or links within this email you can view the job details, apply, sign-up to receive career updates, and share with your connections. We look forward to hearing from you.
You also have the option to start the application over the phone by calling 877-220-5627. When asked for a media code, please use J0W. You can call us any day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST.Please if you know someone who is seeking employment opportunities, forward this to them.
Direct Application Link :