Stansell Electric Company is based in Nashville with a satellite office in Chattanooga. Our organization has built a strong reputation for high quality work, family oriented work life, and the highest integrity. We offer many training opportunities, both through outside education facilities and in house developed training programs. We believe in utilizing experienced and skilled workers to help us provide for the training needs of less experienced workers. Every individual has strengths and weaknesses; we believe in maximizing each individual’s strengths. We work to ensure the right person is hired for any job opening. When an individual is placed in a role that best suits them, the company and the employee are both most likely to be successful. Our primary goal of “developing exceptional people” results in an exceptional company.
As a Federal Contractor, it is the policy of Stansell Electric Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience.
- Health insurance, including subsidy for full family
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401k plan
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
TN Drug Free Workplace conducting pre-employment, post-accident and random drug screening
SCOPE OF WORK:
Secure work for the Company. Reports to the leader of Estimating
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze drawings and specifications as well as understand contractual terms and conditions to compile accurate cost data for construction estimates
- Attend pre-bid meetings, interact with customers and visit jobsites to obtain data for specialized scopes of work
- Perform takeoffs, detail & compile organized estimates in an accurate but timely matter
- Work with vendors and subcontractors to secure quotations; analyze and coordinate to ensure contract compliance and best fit/value
- Review bids with leader, prepare proposal with detailed scope & clarifications to customer
- Maintain relationships with customers, engineers, vendors, subcontractors, and employees of Stansell Electric
- Analyze data for projects and recommend bid strategies and margins to leader
- Attend trade organization events
- Develop budgets for acquired projects for execution by delivery teams
- Breakdown estimate from estimating systems/software
- Enter budget into accounting system with awareness of labor and quantity tracking and accuracy
TRANSITION TO PROJECT MANAGER
- Prepare newly secured projects for transition to delivery teams/project managers
- Lead a transition meeting to transfer knowledge to project manager and answer questions
- Attend pre-construction meetings and work closely with the project manager throughout the transitional period as well as throughout the completion of the project as needed
- Assist Project Manager with change orders through the project
- Monitor jobs in progress and check in with Project Managers to assist in solutions to issues that arise and help identify potential change orders
- Attend post-job meetings and collaborate with delivery team on lessons learned and continued project success
- Compare budgets vs. actual costs, analyze data and utilize for future estimates; share this data with peers
- Microsoft Office Suite
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree or 5+ years electrical estimating and/or Project Management experience
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field
- Estimating or Project Management experience with commercial and industrial projects
- Experience with all aspects of electrical systems
- This position largely consists of sedentary work which involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally position will require exerting up to 10 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Physical Activities required by this position include: General office duties
- The position requires one to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- This position is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.