Pennakem has a heritage of 75 years with a unique company culture of a family atmosphere and high level of engagement. We are more than just a job and seek career-minded individuals who want to grow. Our base chemical derives from renewable resources and is environmentally friendly. We offer challenging and interesting work along with competitive salaries and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join our team of talented employees!
This position is primarily responsible for inventory valuation and related accounting transactions from daily production reporting and material usage analysis through the month end closing and financial reporting and analysis process for an international Memphis based fine chemical manufacturer.
- Develop and demonstrate product and process flow understanding.
- Record and analyze daily inventory movements from production and material usage activity.
- Balance inventory by location daily.
- Conduct regular monthly meetings with operations personnel to review and understand material usage quantities and values as well as product yield variances.
- Review bills of materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in annual budget preparation.
- Assist in the analysis of production overhead (variable & fixed) application rates.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors examining inventory and costing.
- Assist in future conversion to SAP HANA ERP software.
- Promote and support the company’s safety and quality initiatives in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Cross-train on other functions such as reciprocal accounting for inter-company transactions as well as various sales and expense analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment using standard costing.
- Chemical industry experience a plus.
- International experience is a plus.
- The incumbent must be detail oriented, take ownership of their work and have experience working across all disciplines within an organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products with outstanding Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and performance oriented.
- Ability to complete complex tasks independently, reporting to manager daily and redirecting tasks as necessary.
- Effective written and oral communications.
Relocation possible, local candidates preferred.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Dependent Life
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Physical - Company paid
- Safety Glasses - Company paid
- Safety Shoes allowance - $150/year
- Defined Contribution Plan
To apply go to and click on careers