Pennakem has a heritage of 75 years with a unique company culture of a family atmosphere and high level of engagement. We are more than just a job and seek career-minded individuals who want to grow. Our base chemical derives from renewable resources and is environmentally friendly. We offer challenging and interesting work along with competitive salaries and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Technician Trainee to join our team of talented employees!
Chemical Technician Trainee
This is an entry level job with the goal of becoming a Chemical Technician. This is a shift position with four 12- hour shifts on and four days off. Overtime may or may not be required. Weekend and Holiday shifts will occur. Starting pay for this position is $18/hour with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Collect samples of materials or products for testing.
- Direct operational or production activities.
- Monitor instruments to ensure proper production conditions.
- Record operational or production data.
- Operate chemical processing or water treatment systems or equipment.
- Watch operating equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Review blueprints or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences.
- Adjust temperature controls of ovens or other heating equipment.
- Adjust equipment controls to regulate gas flow.
- Inspect and clean production equipment and notify other of repair/maintenance needs.
- Test chemical or physical characteristics of materials or products.
- Operate pumping systems or equipment.
- Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, or products.
- Compare physical characteristics of materials or products to specifications or standards.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is required
- Strong focus on safety
- Team-player able to develop strong inter-personal relationships with peers
- This position will require a great deal of physical demand such as lifting/pushing, climbing and walking in elevated or confined spaces