Go BEYOND where you currently are with a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company, a $225 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company, was founded in 1944 and is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,200 employees. Among its many recognition's, Lee Company was recently honored as the Associate General Contractors 2015 Subcontractor of the Year ($10M+ category), ACCA’s 2017 Residential Contractor of the Year, and by the Tennessean newspaper as Tennessee’s 2017 Top Work Place – Large Company.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- FSA, HRA, or HSA
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness coverage
- Home & Auto Discounts
- 401(k), Vacation, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Full-Time Work – Nothing Seasonal…We Hire to Retire!
- Free NCCER Training and Certification through Lee University
In addition to our core benefits package, Lee Company employees also receive Chaplain services, an Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation Services and Healthy Rewards at no cost.
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are looking to add to our family through the following position:
BIM Coordinator - Mechanical Piping
SUMMARY OF JOB: To work with engineers and managers to coordinate mechanical or plumbing systems and to produce BIM models for both spatial coordination and fabrication for manufacturing division and support all the other divisions of the company in any design or CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with engineers or management to produce installation and fabrication drawings and BIM models and supporting other divisions of the company as determined by management.
- Converse with engineering and design staff to determine design modifications to produce coordinated model for fabrication and installation on computer utilizing software designated by Lee Company.
- Locate files relating to specified project within database library and load into computer and set up jobs as required
- Review work orders, flow charts, specifications, and any procedural information to determine critical paths for completion of model for construction and fabrication.
- Calculate figures to convert design dimensions to construction and fabrication dimensions specified for subsequent production processes
- Enter specified information into computer to generate computer drawings of approved coordinated model for construction and fabrication.
- Work with other team members to complete drawings and models as required to meet schedules.
- Maintain training and continued education for incumbent and team to continually improve accuracy and productivity
- Act as Team Leader, when needed, to coordinate both design and coordination efforts for projects between other designers/coordinators with engineers and management
- As BIM Leader, conduct coordination meetings both on-site or through the web with architects, general contractors and other trades assigned to the project
- Provide Input to management regarding both hardware and software requirements to perform duties
Education and Experience Required:
- 3+ years of BIM experience with a mechanical contractor
- Knowledge of mechanical piping systems
- Experience modelling and coordinating commercial buildings
- Experience modelling and coordinating mechanical rooms
- Field experience as a pipe fitter is a plus
- Experience working on a BIM coordination team
- Proficiency in Autodesk Fabrication CADmep
- Experience with Revit is a plus
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret technical literature/writing and plans
- Ability to define problems, asses options and make appropriate recommendations
- Competence in public speaking/presentations
- Self-driven desire to learn, become competent, and succeed in field
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to train and mentor
- Good self management and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good analytical skills and ability to generate creative solutions
- Ability to perform well and meet expectations in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate project activities and monitor progress to successfully reach project goals
- Good self management and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate ethical behavior and a high level of integrity
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Frequent lifting of light objects (less than 24 pounds)
- Need to distinguish between shades of color
- Extensive use of computer equipment
- Work is performed in an office or computer room
- Occasional job site visits will be required for both educational and job specific requirements to produce coordination and fabrication models.