Lee Company, a $150 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company, was founded in 1944 and is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,000 employees. Among its many recognitions, Lee Company was recently honored by the Associated General Contractors of America with the 2014 Subcontractor of the Year award in the $1 million – $2 million category and by the Tennessean newspaper as one of Tennessee’s Top Work Places.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Healthcare Coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are looking to add to our family through the following position:
Billing Coordinator (with duty alternating between our Mt. Juliet, TN office and Gallatin, TN office)
The Billing Coordinator provides billing support to the entire Residential Group. The primary duties will include general data entry and billing. The successful candidate must project a professional company image at all times through personal, telephone & written interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities - (include, but are not limited to)
- Daily billings in Solomon.
- Enter all Installs into Share Point for unit registration.
- Track and follow-up on incomplete calls and ensure timely completion.
- Perform other related duties as required
Education - Experience - Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- High level interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- Initiative, adaptability, detail driven
- Ability to work individually with little supervision
- Basic office equipment operation abilities (computers, telephones, calculators,
- Copiers and fax machines, postage machines, etc.).
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office Word/Excel) Pivot Tables, Internet and Intranet navigation, Web-based platforms).
- The applicant must possess proficient knowledge in the following areas: Knowledge of office administration, accounting and ability to communicate well with employees.
Competency Requirements - (include, but are not limited to)
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Lee Company offers competitive compensation, along with a benefits package which includes: healthcare coverage, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), life insurance, short and long term disability, dental plans, 401K, and vacation/sick time.
Compensation and Benefits
At Lee Company, we have a wide variety of positions and responsibilities, which may require specific working conditions. When appropriate or necessary, these conditions will be stated in the job description. For example, individuals in an office-based position will encounter ambient room temperatures, lighting, and will be expected to operate traditional office equipment as found in any typical office environment. Individuals may need to sit at a desk or table for long periods of time; Ability to speak clearly and carefully, listen to customers and employees communicating expertise knowledge. A person in this position can be expected to reach over shoulder heights; crouch or stoop below the waist; repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement; occasional lifting up to 25 pounds; and maneuvering file documents or store materials during the workday.