As the leading Architectural Façade Solutions provider in the country, we provide exterior wall panel and other building envelope systems in a variety of product and installation options. From our most requested products of aluminum composite panels, high pressure laminate plate and insulated metal panels to more unique options such as aluminum plate panels, stainless steel plate panels and composite shingles, we create custom envelope systems for all needs in commercial construction.
This position is responsible for maintaining a consistent, accurate and timely delivery of quotes to existing and new customers.
- Education & Training - Minimum of high school with additional college level courses (2 years). Training will need to show that this person is familiar with architectural and structural drawings and the relationship with 3D visualization. This person will need to exhibit strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Experience - Minimum of five years of experience in the manufacturing/construction related industry. Proven skills in commercial architectural and structural drawing reading, understanding and interpretation.
- Other - Self-motivated with the ability to produce independently, strong communication skills, working knowledge of computerized spreadsheets and high standards of honesty, integrity and commitment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing the duties of estimation
- Quoting and tracking national accounts
- Reporting new leads to the Architectural Sales Manager or the Estimating Manager
- Receive and prioritize customers' project drawings and requests for quotes
- Quickly and accurately interpret commercial architectural and structural drawings
- Make comprehensive analysis of project scope
- Make an accurate takeoff of all materials required
- Keep records of upcoming quotes
- Review completed summary of project with General Manager or Estimating Manger
- Maintain quote files in orderly manner
- Once the project is set up, the estimator must lead a project start-up meeting to discuss and convey scope to project manager and draftsperson
Compensation commensurate with experience